Lukasz GrabowskiI am Professor for Theoretical Mathematics in the Maths Institute of Leipzig University. My research interests include
- Discrete groups and group rings of discrete groups (in particular l2-invariants, approximations of groups and group rings by fintie groups and finite algebras)
- Measured group theory, measured and Borel combinatorics (in particular expansion properties of group actions and graphings, Kazhdan property, Aldous-Lyons conjecture, equidecompositions)
- Algorithms and complexity theory related to graphs and groups (for example Lovasz Local Lemma)
Group membersCurrently my group includes
- PhD student Jardon Hector Sanchez (Aldous-Lyons conjecture, Kazhdan property in the context of groupoids)
- Postdoc Joan Claramunt (Approximation of groups and group rings with respect to rank metric, l2-invariants, unit conjecture)
- Postdoc Tomasz Ciesla (Measured and Borel combinatorics)
Prospective PhD students
If you are a prospective PhD student interested in working with me, please feel free to get in touch to discuss potential PhD projects.
Information about funding and application process are at this link.
PF 10 09 20
Office: A511, Neues Augusteum (Augustusplatz 10)
E-Mail: my last name AT math.uni-leipzig.de