This document describes all constants, types, variables, functions and
procedures as they are declared in the units that come standard with Free Pascal.
Throughout this document, we will refer to functions, types and variables
with typewriter font. Functions and procedures gave their own
subsections, and for each function or procedure we have the following
The cross-references come in two flavors:
- The exact declaration of the function.
- What does the procedure exactly do ?
- What errors can occur.
- See Also
- Cross references to other related functions/commands.
The chapters are ordered alphabetically. The functions and procedures in
most cases also, but don't count on it. Use the table of contents for quick
- References to other functions in this manual. In the printed copy, a
number will appear after this reference. It refers to the page where this
function is explained. In the on-line help pages, this is a hyperlink, on
which you can click to jump to the declaration.
- References to Unix manual pages. (For Linux related things only) they
are printed in typewriter font, and the number after it is the Unix