Real Algebra and Geometry
- Instructor: Rainer Sinn
- Office: Raum A533
- Time and Place: Classes will start online. Please sign up for the moodle course here
- Office hours: by appointment (please contact me via e-mail)
Prior knowledge in abstract algebra is sufficient. Basics in algebraic geometry and commutative algebra are helpful but not necessary.
MaterialsYou will find materials for the course mainly on Moodle, the learning platform used by the University of Leipzig. Here is a direct link to the course. Members of the MPI MiS should be able to login using the DFN AAI Login button, which is on the right bottom side of the Moodle website (this is not the regular login for members of the university).
SourcesHere is a list of useful references that we will use throughout the course (see Moodle also).
- Bochnak, Coste, Roy: Real Algebraic Geometry (Springer 1998)
- Knebusch, Scheiderer: Einführung in die reelle Algebra (Vieweg 1989) physically (!) available in the library
- Blekherman, Parrilo, Thomas (editors): Semidefinite Optimization and Convex Algebraic Geometry
- Netzer: Reelle Algebra und Geometrie (Vorlesungsskript/lecture notes) and the English (but shorter) version Real Algebra and Geometry (available on the same website)
- Scheiderer: Reelle algebraische Geometrie I and II (Vorlesungsskripte/lecture notes)